Monday, August 2, 2010

"you must know life to see decay" (M&S)

CAPES [something empowering] I like to think that I was the forerunner for this event. My route was 28 miles. Looks like they figured it out how to trim it to 26.2. Good for you, crew.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] Pull-up negatives. I kinda love them.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] After listening to the song "After the Storm" on repeat for the past few days, I've been hung up on the difference between "life" and "decay". For example, why is it that someone can compliment your new haircut, but as soon as a strand of hair is found unattached to your head, it's deemed disgusting? Or fingernails - they can be cute and painted, but as soon as you trim them, their clippings are totally gross. With concrete matter, we shriek away from decay. But abstractly speaking, I think I welcome it more than I should. For example, there are areas in life that I ignore and let decay. Like gross fingernails, I tend to steer clear of the areas that are rotten instead of placing them in the trash where they belong. The trick is to not let death win. "You must know life to see decay."

1 comment: