Thursday, August 5, 2010

the "WILL NOT" comes before the "WILL"


CAPES [something empowering] Sometimes you have to say the things you WILL NOT be before you can figure out the things you WILL be...I will not manipulate, I will not be controlling, I will not be self-conscious, I will not be needy, I will not be selfish....I will be myself, I will be sacrificial, I will be flexible, I will be honest, I will be vulnerable, I will be confident.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] I've noticed a trend in my verbal behavior: I speak in more movie quotes per day than the average person. "Nobody puts baby in a corner", "We can't, we're being hunted", "My dog is winning!", "Can I be your date?", "Look at me! Look at me!", "So you're the one?", "Sorry, I had to go see about a girl", "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"...and the problem is, most of the time, the only one that understands what I'm talking about is me.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] I'm a planner. I love to make plans and then look forward to them. For example, I can't get through a week without already knowing: 1) where I'm gonna go, 2) who I'm gonna see, and 3) what I'm gonna do for the weekend. While I embrace the ring leader in me, this week I'm trying for a touch of spontaneity. It's Thursday, and I have no plans for the weekend and will attempt to let myself happen into fun instead of coordinating it. And if this fails me, I'll just walk down to Palmers karaoke bar (crap...did I just plan that?).

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking back to a time when I read your blog before but I cannot remember. So I am thinking this is my first time. Wow! What great insight. I have been working with two blogs... www.thespecific.com/blog and www.hiogolffitness.com. Yours is very well done and has awesome articles.
    Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like creative phrasing in your writing. I'm such a planner too! It may be "COFFEE" for me.

    ReplyDelete