Monday, February 8, 2010

save yourself a buck and forget the carnations.



CAPES [something empowering] I like to replay conversations that I've had throughout the day. During the
re-runs, I often find miscommunications... things I've said that were probably taken the wrong way. This knowledge gives me an opportunity to straighten things out. But more often than not, during the re-runs I find times where I should have practiced more restraint. Take the time to be intentional about what you say...and what's even harder: take the time to learn to practice not saying something that you'll later on regret.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] There's never a time that I hate carnations more than when Valentine's Day rolls around. If I could extinct one flower, the carnation would be it. I'm convinced it's a weed. It you want to be cheap, it's better to buy no flowers than to buy carnations. Consider yourself warned.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] I hate frisbee. Somehow, it's already sprinter (spring+winter) in Seattle, and with that spring weather...out come the 'bees. I admittedly stereotype people with frisbees - they are usually lanky, don vintage t-shirts, carry a nalgene or two, wear chaco sandals, and have their bibles-a-packing (usually duct-taped together). And please don't hear what I'm not saying - I don't hate the people that love frisbee, I just find the activity annoying. So, who wants to toss the football around? I've got 2 in my trunk.

4 comments:

  1. I applaud your hatred of carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like frisbee, so I'm offended. But I will throw a football too...

    Btw, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, "Sprinter" is my favorite word of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also offended. Throwing a frisbee is one of my top 10 things to do at anytime.

    And you even clarified that it is the act of throwing the disc.

    I blame your brothers for this one.

    ReplyDelete