Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The best offense is a good defense.


CAPES [something empowering]
Ladies: admit it, you like to be in control. However, when it comes to relationships, you might realize that in the long run it's nice to relinquish some of that control (easier said than done, I know). But just because you may not be the one calling the shots or "running the ball", keep in mind that the best offense is a good defense...in other words, relationships are never one-side and balance is key. So let it go already.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] TJs has a delicious new salad! I'm on day 3 of having it for dinner, and plan to make tomorrow day 4. The picture doesn't do it justice...especially since it was taken after said salad was consumed.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] People associate me with my Dutch heritage. Therefore, I receive Dutch stickers, Holland mugs, Netherlands coffee, Dutch chips, and I also get set up on blind dates by my Grandma with underage 100% Dutch men (and yes, it was at her nursing home, and yes he brought his mom and sister with him), as well as receive emails saying how now Wednesdays at Butler University mean wearing orange and blue. Keep it coming, people! Hup Holland Hup!

2 comments:

  1. ANNIE!! I just found your blog. I totally stalked you here... Love that you started one. Love that I get to start reading about you :)

    xoxo.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie - yes! I love online reunions :) (okay, in-person reunions are better...but online ones are in second place...)

    ReplyDelete