Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The unveiling.


CAPES [something empowering] When I got my tattoo done, before the artist began, he asked me if I was sure it was what I wanted. My friend commented, "Does she look like the kind of person that doesn't know what she wants?" It got me to thinking about decisions. When I make a decision about something, I stick with it. Whether it be a drink order, meal order, or tattoo, go into it with confidence. No one likes the girl that gets to the front of the line at Starbucks and still can't make up her mind.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] Ink is addicting. Beware. My latest says "oranje is de kleur van gekte" which means "orange is the color of insanity", a quote from Vincent Van Gogh, which is also featured in this Nike ad.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] I have developed a theory about hybrid bicycle riders...they are cyclists that can't make up their mind between two good things, so settle for something in the middle and think it's awesome when it's not. Shame on them. Stay away.

5 comments:

  1. certain you have NEVER been that girl.
    2 of my kids prove ink is addicting.
    the only thing good about hybrid bikes is that they are bikes. that's it. no cool points at all.
    you're cool all around annie. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think it's funny that when I first saw the pic of your tat, I said "oooh, I really like the font" and you said "it's my handwriting". You've had the exact same handwriting as long as I've known you- 18 years now (OH MY GOSH 18 years!) and it's been the same handwriting. Probably goes along with your solid and firm decision making. Love the tat! (And the wrist location- my samoan tat is on my left wrist and I love it there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tattoo is great and love the mumford & sons reference! which reminds me to give you their full length album, Sigh No More, if you don't already have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I've got the album...it's super :)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete