Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm kinda a big deal...

I have recently discovered that I think I'm pretty funny and have interesting things to say, which brings me here. To the world of blogging.
My brother says the following regarding blogging:
Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.
(I think he ripped this quote off from here)
I highly agree with him, however, for you few people out there, you're welcome and you can thank me later.

RE: the title of my blog reflects three things that I love and hold important.
CAPES: I started making capes in college when I was a Resident Assistant for a freshman coed dorm. We all made them and wore them to dorm dinners, and history was made. I now own three capes and wear them frequently. There is something empowering about wearing a cape. There is also something childish about wearing them that I embrace fully. There's a tad of Peter Pan in all of us.
COFFEE: One of my most favorite times in the day is waking up, making coffee, and sitting on my couch journaling and listening to music. It keeps me sane. It's my "me time". Coffee is my favorite addiction. I have tried giving it up many times. Those times mostly occur after I get my teeth cleaned. I come from a family of "soft teeth" - which means they stain easily. Yes, we are the family that, in drinking red wine, end up with purple teeth by the end of the night (especially you, Ryan). Awesome.
THE COLOR ORANGE: I have always loved it. It is bright, cheery, the color of Holland's national team, and I was Orange Team's leader in Mexico 5 years and running. Beat that. You can't. Okay. My favorite glassybaby is Kumquat orange. I also love things that are orange, like kumquats, cara cara oranges, purses, high heels, and the old BMW 2002 in its original rusty orange color...

Not really sure where my blog is headed, but if I had to guess, I'd say I will probably blog about the following: Cooper - my 9 month old nephew (pictures soon to come), family (they are fabulous, inappropriate at times, but you'll benefit from that since it will make for highly entertaining stories), friends and roommates, graduate school (started seminary in Aug. 2009), After School Snack (yes, the acronym is ASS, and yes that was intentional - "are we getting some ASS tonight?"..."of course we are"), and my love for karaoke. Somehow, getting myself behind a microphone invokes so much joy and energy in yours truly, that I can't find myself away from the karaoke bars too long before I'm longing to go back. I also keep an ongoing list of songs that I have performed as well as songs that I must sing ASAP. I guess I should also throw in that I will probably blog about run-ins that I have with wildlife. I love to be outside, and somehow, the animals flock to me. I take it as a compliment. To date, I have had 4 animal attacks/encounters. I made it out alive each time, but the same can't be said for 2 of the 4 animals. RIP bambi and mr. crane. And I wish you'd RIP mr. owl and flock of geese.

4 comments:

  1. I love you A! (You will note that I am your first follower.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annie, you ARE funny and entertaining, so I am excited to keep reading your blogs! One funny and entertaining blog down...many more to come I hope!
    Sometime I will have to see your mad Karaoke skills in person!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could put your Snow White-like animal skills to use right here in the Queen Anne area - a coyote has been prowling around and they're looking to capture it. Also, Snow White had a cape (at least at some points in the Disney version).

    Thanks for the blog link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm there. Let me just grab my running shoes and I'll head that way...:)

    ReplyDelete