Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Summer Reading List

CAPES [something empowering] In the morning, as you get dressed and ready for the day, think about the attitude that you want to "dress" yourself in. If you wake up annoyed, try "undressing" that attitude before you walk out the door.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] I recently cancelled my cable because of the ongoing feud between Comcast and myself. I have a new-found love for Hulu Plus because I can handle $7.99 per month...and I doubt Hulu will increase the price by an obscene amount unannounced.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] My summer reading list includes:
The Brain that Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge
Everliving, by Christina Dudley
The Great House, by Nicole Krauss
The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
The History of Christianity, by Paul Johnson
Let Justice Roll Down, by John Perkins
Love Wins, by Rob Bell
Reviving Ophelia, by Mary Pipher
Real Boys, by William Pollack
The Street of Crocodiles, by Bruno Schultz

1 comment:

  1. Oh, please please add Laura Hillenbrand's UNBROKEN! So worth your while. Made my whole book club read it.

    ReplyDelete