Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Never underestimate the satisfaction of doing nothing.


CAPES [something empowering] You can't steer a parked car. If you're waiting for something to happen, start the engine and back out of the driveway and get yourself on the road.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] I'm putting some major miles in this week, and I'm not talking about my car. When the snow hit, I dug out my YaxTrax. While my front-wheel drive car handles poorly in icy/snowy conditions, I can run around town without a problem.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I had nothing to do. I didn't have to be anywhere (internship and school cancelled due to ice and snow). Though I had papers to write and books to read, I did nothing. Never underestimate the satisfaction of doing nothing. I think I felt more accomplished doing nothing than when I spend a day checking things off a long list.

No comments:

Post a Comment