Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cass Collection



CAPES [something empowering] My family and roomie took a trip to the zoo. They thought it would be a good idea to go to the raptor show (otherwise known as "birds with talons" show), thinking it might help me face my fear of birds (owls in general). I did okay with Hawk #1. Hawk #2 was huge, and I put on my hood for protection. Falcon #1 flew over my head, so I closed my eyes. And when they brought out The Owl, I ran away as fast as I could. Empowering thought of the day: trust your instincts.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] BIG NEWS: the sequel to my favorite book - Mourning Becomes Cassandra - is about to be released! The author comes to us from our very own eastside: Christina Dudley is a fabulous and lovely lady, and her writing style/storyline will draw you in and keep you there until the last page. I read the first book in one sitting, and I fully expect the same out of the sequel - The Littlest Doubts - coming soon to Amazon and a book club near you. I have seven spots on my bookshelf reserved for the Cass Collection...so keep 'em coming, Christina!

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] I just bought the metallic version of topsiders to add to my shoe collection and am seriously wondering what is preventing me from spray painting the majority of my shoes in metallic colors. Bling bling, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! Thanks for the mention, #2 fan (husband has to occupy top spot)! Can't believe you read MOURNING in one sitting--yeesh. THE LITTLEST DOUBTS is about the same length, so set aside an equivalent block of time, preferably on a beach. Oh, and when you're done, I'd love to hear who you'd like those five other books to be about...

    ReplyDelete