Sunday, September 26, 2010

Encounters at Dick's Drive-In


CAPES [something empowering] A conversation I had with a random guy at 2am this past weekend at Dick's Drive-In:
Guy: If you show them your ASB card you can get a discount.
Me: I don't have one...I've been out of high school for a while.
[pause]
Guy: Uh, I'm not in high school either.
Me: Oh yea, how old are you?
Guy: Guess.
Me: 22?
Guy: Nope, 26.
[pause]
Guy: How old are you?
Me: Guess.
Guy: 31?
Me: Well that confirms it.
Guy: Confirms what?
Me: That you are what you eat.

COFFEE [latest trend or addiction] Belts as bracelets. You saw it here first.

THE COLOR ORANGE [something noteworthy] I write a lot of draft emails. When I'm frustrated, upset, or hating on someone - I write them an email. However, I never send this email. Instead, I let it hang out in my "drafts" for as long as it takes me to get over whatever is ailing me. Sometimes it gets to the point where I need to either: 1) confront them or 2) delete the email and get over it already. But, knowing that the email is there and ready to send with the click of a button somehow helps me sleep at night. *Important: when drafting these emails, do not type in the "send to" email address. Omitting this will help avoid accidental sends.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. The Capes for this week is the best yet.

    I'm cracking up that you had to include that last caveat....been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete